Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster Products high intensity K-series mixers use a counter current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine.
The Lancaster Mixer produces high yield, high quality pellets from the most sensitive of materials with little binder. An extension of the granulation capabilities, our K Series mixers can grow granules and prills into larger sized pellets.
ONE MACHINE ONE PROCESS
Lancaster Products is at the forefront of providing high-value pelletizing solutions for our customers. Lancaster Products combines decades of mixing experience, working across multiple industries, with the finest granulating and pelletizing mixer technology.
Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster K-series Mixers use a counter-current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine. The K-series mixers produce consistent and repeatable pellet sizes. Because Lancaster Products mixers can both mix and pelletize in the same operation it can supplant multiple pieces of mixing and pelletizing equipment in a process.
The Lancaster Difference: Counter-Current Mixing Technology
ADVANTAGES OF PELLETIZED MATERIALS OVER LOOSE BULK MATERIAL
- Ease of transfer and shipping bulk materials handling specifically for superfine materials to prevent from going airborne for materials such as fertilizer, carbon black and fly ash
- Increases flowability of product for ease of feeding, pouring and processing
- Improves surface area of pellets for sintering, drying, melting, combustion
- Pelletized materials compact better than powders and allow for better handling and allow for recycling of waste materials
- Disposal of steel mill dust and particles, cement and lime kiln dust and friction material waste.
- Reclamation of waste from steel mill revert fines, coal and coke fines, copper precipitates, kiln dust and other materials collected during the process.
- Creation of Biomass pellets as a fuel source
920 Mechanic Street
Lebanon, PA 17046
Toll Free: 800.447.7351
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is the third video in our lab and testing series. The Lancaster Products Lab is equipped with a production-sized K4 mixer to test and optimize mix recipes at full scale. In this video, we are testing a clay type of material for pelletization.
The K4 mixer introduces a third tool, the low-speed plow, which, along with the rotating pan, transports material to the high-speed rotor. You can see how the high shear counter-current movement creates a rolling action which agglomerates the materials into pellets. The K4 mixer has a bottom discharge; the plow allows for the rapid and complete evacuation of the mixing cavity. After the mixer is fully evacuated, the bottom discharge closes, and reseals ready for the next batch.
This is the second video in our lab and testing series. The Lancaster Products lab is equipped with a small production-sized K3 mixer to test and optimize mix recipes at a prototyping scale. In this video, we are testing a clay type of material for pelletization.
Looking inside of the mixing cavity, you see the counter-current mixing action. The pan rotates clockwise, and the high shear mixing tool spins counterclockwise. The mixing pan actively transports material to the primary mixing tool. Slowing the action down gives us a good view of how the Lancaster mixing action creates a tumbling that promotes agglomeration by rolling the particles much the same way as a snowball growing larger by rolling down a hill.