Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster Products high intensity K-series mixers use a counter current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine.
The Lancaster Mixer produces high yield, high quality pellets from the most sensitive of materials with little binder. An extension of the granulation capabilities, our K Series mixers can grow granules and prills into larger sized pellets.
ONE MACHINE ONE PROCESS
Lancaster Products is at the forefront of providing high-value pelletizing solutions for our customers. Lancaster Products combines decades of mixing experience, working across multiple industries, with the finest granulating and pelletizing mixer technology.
Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster K-series Mixers use a counter-current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine. The K-series mixers produce consistent and repeatable pellet sizes. Because Lancaster Products mixers can both mix and pelletize in the same operation it can supplant multiple pieces of mixing and pelletizing equipment in a process.
The Lancaster Difference: Counter-Current Mixing Technology
ADVANTAGES OF PELLETIZED MATERIALS OVER LOOSE BULK MATERIAL
- Ease of transfer and shipping bulk materials handling specifically for superfine materials to prevent from going airborne for materials such as fertilizer, carbon black and fly ash
- Increases flowability of product for ease of feeding, pouring and processing
- Improves surface area of pellets for sintering, drying, melting, combustion
- Pelletized materials compact better than powders and allow for better handling and allow for recycling of waste materials
- Disposal of steel mill dust and particles, cement and lime kiln dust and friction material waste.
- Reclamation of waste from steel mill revert fines, coal and coke fines, copper precipitates, kiln dust and other materials collected during the process.
- Creation of Biomass pellets as a fuel source
High Shear mixers are used in a wide variety of applications in many different industries. Finding the right blend and being able to produce the same mix consistently is the key to success at Highwater Clays, a clay and glaze supplier to the arts & crafts industry. The company has two locations with the main production center located in Ashville, North Carolina. Highwater Clays produces a wide range of clay bodies using fireclays, ball clays, kaolin, and stoneware clays. All the clay bodies consist of complex compositions and must be mixed into one reliable consistency.
We are excited to announce several recent improvements to the design of our low shear mixer product line. These mixers are often pushed beyond the limits of other mixers due to their widespread use in mixing dusty, abrasive, corrosive, highly viscous or explosive materials. The enhancements listed below were designed to improve the performance of our low shear mixers and to minimize maintenance and repair costs, which lowers the overall lifetime cost of ownership for our clients.
- Split drivetrain: pan and tooling on separate drives
The counter-rotating pan and tooling are now operating on separate drives allowing for individual control of tool and pan speeds. This simple split drive design provides increased flexibility to customize mixing recipes for different materials as compared to a single vertical shaft. Maintenance and trouble- shooting of issues relating to the pan or tooling also become easier.