Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster Products high intensity K-series mixers use a counter current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine.
The Lancaster Mixer produces high yield, high quality pellets from the most sensitive of materials with little binder. An extension of the granulation capabilities, our K Series mixers can grow granules and prills into larger sized pellets.
ONE MACHINE ONE PROCESS
Lancaster Products is at the forefront of providing high-value pelletizing solutions for our customers. Lancaster Products combines decades of mixing experience, working across multiple industries, with the finest granulating and pelletizing mixer technology.
Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster K-series Mixers use a counter-current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine. The K-series mixers produce consistent and repeatable pellet sizes. Because Lancaster Products mixers can both mix and pelletize in the same operation it can supplant multiple pieces of mixing and pelletizing equipment in a process.
The Lancaster Difference: Counter-Current Mixing Technology
ADVANTAGES OF PELLETIZED MATERIALS OVER LOOSE BULK MATERIAL
- Ease of transfer and shipping bulk materials handling specifically for superfine materials to prevent from going airborne for materials such as fertilizer, carbon black and fly ash
- Increases flowability of product for ease of feeding, pouring and processing
- Improves surface area of pellets for sintering, drying, melting, combustion
- Pelletized materials compact better than powders and allow for better handling and allow for recycling of waste materials
- Disposal of steel mill dust and particles, cement and lime kiln dust and friction material waste.
- Reclamation of waste from steel mill revert fines, coal and coke fines, copper precipitates, kiln dust and other materials collected during the process.
- Creation of Biomass pellets as a fuel source
920 Mechanic Street
Lebanon, PA 17046
Toll Free: 800.447.7351
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The high-speed rotor is the primary mixing and pelletizing tool in industrial high shear mixers and in many ways, it is the most utilized part of the machine. But rotor wear is also a good leading indicator of your machine’s overall operating condition as it is a direct result of material processing. Chances are, if the rotor is worn, there is other preventative maintenance to be done.
Industrial mixers are built to run and withstand a great deal of abuse, however, regular preventive maintenance efforts can help keep your mixer running like new. The two most critical components that can affect the life of your mixer are lubrication and inspection of working tools. Below is an overview of the in-depth information provided in our full maintenance schedule available for download below.
Lubrication: Proper lubrication can encompass multiple areas on your mixer, not just the shaft seals of the mixing tool. Lubrication of all seals as well as drive gears, discharge valves and other locations where bearings are utilized is the best way to extend the life of your mixer. Automated lubrication systems on larger production mixers help maintain proper lubrication intervals, but regular visual inspection should be scheduled to assure the system is working properly.