Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster Products high intensity K-series mixers use a counter current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine.
The Lancaster Mixer produces high yield, high quality pellets from the most sensitive of materials with little binder. An extension of the granulation capabilities, our K Series mixers can grow granules and prills into larger sized pellets.
ONE MACHINE ONE PROCESS
Lancaster Products is at the forefront of providing high-value pelletizing solutions for our customers. Lancaster Products combines decades of mixing experience, working across multiple industries, with the finest granulating and pelletizing mixer technology.
Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster K-series Mixers use a counter-current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine. The K-series mixers produce consistent and repeatable pellet sizes. Because Lancaster Products mixers can both mix and pelletize in the same operation it can supplant multiple pieces of mixing and pelletizing equipment in a process.
The Lancaster Difference: Counter-Current Mixing Technology
ADVANTAGES OF PELLETIZED MATERIALS OVER LOOSE BULK MATERIAL
- Ease of transfer and shipping bulk materials handling specifically for superfine materials to prevent from going airborne for materials such as fertilizer, carbon black and fly ash
- Increases flowability of product for ease of feeding, pouring and processing
- Improves surface area of pellets for sintering, drying, melting, combustion
- Pelletized materials compact better than powders and allow for better handling and allow for recycling of waste materials
- Disposal of steel mill dust and particles, cement and lime kiln dust and friction material waste.
- Reclamation of waste from steel mill revert fines, coal and coke fines, copper precipitates, kiln dust and other materials collected during the process.
- Creation of Biomass pellets as a fuel source
Since the introduction of the original K-series mixer in 1986, Lancaster Products High Shear Mixers have been designed to produce the best mixing and pelletizing results for our customers. Lancaster Mixers superior performance is due to our multi-tool configuration, counter current mixing action and variable tooling speed capability.
Multi Tool Configuration
Lancaster Mixers can be configured with three independent variable speed mixing tools: the mixing rotor, the plow and the rotating pan. These three tools work in concert to provide the best mixing results. The primary mixing tool is the high-speed rotor. The plow and rotating pan both work to move material into the main rotor’s path. The three mixing tools are so efficient at mixing, there are no dead spots inside of the mixing cavity and every piece of material passes through the mixing rotor every few seconds. Additionally, a sidewall scraper is positioned against the pan sides to prevent caking and buildup of material on the pan itself.
We are very thankful for all the positive feedback we’ve received over the past 30 years of enhancing materials processing projects for our clients with our high shear mixers. So, we decided to highlight some of the reasons our customers choose to partner with Lancaster Products to optimize their industrial mixing and pelletizing processes.
- Practical Machine Design
- Easy Maintenance
- Easy Clean Out
- Low Total Cost of Ownership