Lancaster Products Roll Crushers reduce difficult-to-crush material in a single pass.
Lancaster Products Roll Crushers are designed for long life with a minimum of maintenance. These crushers reduce – in a single pass- material previously requiring primary and secondary crushing. The crushing rolls turn toward each other, confining all crushing to the area where the teeth mesh. Both rolls are timed to rotate at the same speed to maintain a true – and highly effective – crushing action.
The Lancaster Products Roll Crusher is a compact unit built around a rigid cast frame. It is powered by a VFD gear drive unit. The high alloy steel shafts are driven by a heavy-duty chain operating in an enclosed oil bath. All parts coming in contact with the process material are replaceable and are made of wear-resistant alloys. Replaceable comb plates and cheek plates at the ends and sides of the housing prevent material from bypassing the rolls.
- Crushing teeth are cast of a hard and tough alloy in replaceable segments.
- The large oversized bearings are outboard, self-aligning and protected by mechanical seals.
- Protection from shock loads is provided through the VFD.
- Shaft outlets in the frame are equipped with mechanical seal assemblies.
- Oversized, sealed, spherical roller bearings are supported by large castings rigidly mounted to the crusher frame castings and remotely located from the crushing area.
HOW IT WORKS
Lancaster Products Roll Crusher rolls rotate toward each other, confining all crushing to the area where the teeth mesh.
- Both rolls are timed to rotate at the same speed to maintain a true crushing action.
- All material entering the crusher pass through the mounted twin shaft rolls.
- Since the relative positions of shafts are rigidly fixed, any trapped material will not separate the rolls. This prevents oversize material from passing through the crusher.
- Crushed particle size can be varied from ¾ inch to 2 inches by changing the distance between the twin crushing rolls. Top and bottom openings have drilled mounting flanges. The crushing gap is adjustable by shimming the pillow blocks.
LANCASTER ROLL CRUSHER MODELS
Lancaster Model 12 x 18 Roll Crusher
Lancaster Model 48 x 32 Double Roll Crusher
Roll opening: 12″ x 18″
Roll opening: 48″ x 32″
Each roll opening: 24″ x 32“
Drive: 5 HP
Drive: 30 HP
Capacity: Up to 3 ton/hour
Capacity: Up to 60 tons/hour
920 Mechanic Street
Lebanon, PA 17046
Toll Free: 800.447.7351
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is the third video in our lab and testing series. The Lancaster Products Lab is equipped with a production-sized K4 mixer to test and optimize mix recipes at full scale. In this video, we are testing a clay type of material for pelletization.
The K4 mixer introduces a third tool, the low-speed plow, which, along with the rotating pan, transports material to the high-speed rotor. You can see how the high shear counter-current movement creates a rolling action which agglomerates the materials into pellets. The K4 mixer has a bottom discharge; the plow allows for the rapid and complete evacuation of the mixing cavity. After the mixer is fully evacuated, the bottom discharge closes, and reseals ready for the next batch.
This is the second video in our lab and testing series. The Lancaster Products lab is equipped with a small production-sized K3 mixer to test and optimize mix recipes at a prototyping scale. In this video, we are testing a clay type of material for pelletization.
Looking inside of the mixing cavity, you see the counter-current mixing action. The pan rotates clockwise, and the high shear mixing tool spins counterclockwise. The mixing pan actively transports material to the primary mixing tool. Slowing the action down gives us a good view of how the Lancaster mixing action creates a tumbling that promotes agglomeration by rolling the particles much the same way as a snowball growing larger by rolling down a hill.