Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer: A new dimension to your mixing and pelletizing process.
The Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer is our flagship product used for testing, experimentation, and development of new processes and products. An economical and rugged machine, the K1-Lab Mixer can also be used for small production work. The K1-Lab Mixers have repeatedly proven to be a minimal investment with maximum dividends in product development.
Mechanical Design Features
- Removable stainless steel mixing pan with 0.5 cu.ft. capacity for easy clean up
- Large viewing port on the pan cover for adding process materials, observing the mix, and taking samples during the mixing process.
- Touch screen control on independent control stand
- Thermocouple mix temperature reading
- Dual hand safety buttons for operating mixing head
OPTIONAL FEATURES: pan heating and cooling, various rotor styles
EASY TRANSITION FROM PROOF-OF-CONCEPT TO FULL PRODUCTION
HOW IT WORKS
The K1-Lab Mixer is designed with a touch screen control for easy programming and data viewing. A thermal probe gives a report of temperature in real-time. There is a resettable elapsed mixing timer that provides for total mix process cycle times. A pre-programmable mix design can be input into the control. The control can also store and repeat mix cycles as well as communicate with other devices.
- Electronic individually controlled speeds of pan and rotor, switchable from ft/sec to m/sec.
- Timer that starts/stops with the machine.
- Pre-programmable mix design times
- Input or adjust pan and rotor speeds before or during operation
- Data record of operating functions can be exported to a USB or other device
- Pan heating and cooling available.
|Pan Volume||0.7 cu.ft||20 Liters|
|Working volume||0.5 cu.ft||15 Liters|
|Pan motor||¾ Hp||0.6 Kw|
|Pan speed||Variable to 50 rpm|
|Rotor motor||3 Hp 2.25 Kw|
|Rotor speed||Variable to 3000 rpm|
|Weight||1100 Lbs||500 Kg|
|Overall Dimensions||Length 40”||100 cm|
LAB SERVICES & MORE
Since the introduction of the original K-series mixer in 1986, Lancaster Products High Shear Mixers have been designed to produce the best mixing and pelletizing results for our customers. Lancaster Mixers superior performance is due to our multi-tool configuration, counter current mixing action and variable tooling speed capability.
Multi Tool Configuration
Lancaster Mixers can be configured with three independent variable speed mixing tools: the mixing rotor, the plow and the rotating pan. These three tools work in concert to provide the best mixing results. The primary mixing tool is the high-speed rotor. The plow and rotating pan both work to move material into the main rotor’s path. The three mixing tools are so efficient at mixing, there are no dead spots inside of the mixing cavity and every piece of material passes through the mixing rotor every few seconds. Additionally, a sidewall scraper is positioned against the pan sides to prevent caking and buildup of material on the pan itself.
We are very thankful for all the positive feedback we’ve received over the past 30 years of enhancing materials processing projects for our clients with our high shear mixers. So, we decided to highlight some of the reasons our customers choose to partner with Lancaster Products to optimize their industrial mixing and pelletizing processes.
- Practical Machine Design
- Easy Maintenance
- Easy Clean Out
- Low Total Cost of Ownership