Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer: A new dimension to your mixing and pelletizing process.
The Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer is our flagship product used for testing, experimentation, and development of new processes and products. An economical and rugged machine, the K1-Lab Mixer can also be used for small production work. The K1-Lab Mixers have repeatedly proven to be a minimal investment with maximum dividends in product development.
Mechanical Design Features
- Removable stainless steel mixing pan with 0.5 cu.ft. capacity for easy clean up
- Large viewing port on the pan cover for adding process materials, observing the mix, and taking samples during the mixing process.
- Touch screen control on independent control stand
- Thermocouple mix temperature reading
- Dual hand safety buttons for operating mixing head
OPTIONAL FEATURES: pan heating and cooling, various rotor styles
EASY TRANSITION FROM PROOF-OF-CONCEPT TO FULL PRODUCTION
HOW IT WORKS
The K1-Lab Mixer is designed with a touch screen control for easy programming and data viewing. A thermal probe gives a report of temperature in real-time. There is a resettable elapsed mixing timer that provides for total mix process cycle times. A pre-programmable mix design can be input into the control. The control can also store and repeat mix cycles as well as communicate with other devices.
- Electronic individually controlled speeds of pan and rotor, switchable from ft/sec to m/sec.
- Timer that starts/stops with the machine.
- Pre-programmable mix design times
- Input or adjust pan and rotor speeds before or during operation
- Data record of operating functions can be exported to a USB or other device
- Pan heating and cooling available.
|Pan Volume||0.7 cu.ft||20 Liters|
|Working volume||0.5 cu.ft||15 Liters|
|Pan motor||¾ Hp||0.6 Kw|
|Pan speed||Variable to 50 rpm|
|Rotor motor||3 Hp 2.25 Kw|
|Rotor speed||Variable to 3000 rpm|
|Weight||1100 Lbs||500 Kg|
|Overall Dimensions||Length 40”||100 cm|
LAB SERVICES & MORE
Synergies Between Lancaster Products, Bradley Pulverizer, and Kercher Industries Lead to Improved Efficiencies and Market Growth
In January of 2020, Lancaster Products/Kercher Enterprises acquired the assets of Bradley Pulverizer and we are thrilled to add over 130 more years of industry experience to our 70+ years. While each will continue to operate as 3 separate businesses, we are already leveraging the benefits of the new acquisition. When Curt Snyder (owner) first explored this opportunity he immediately identified 5 primary synergies between the businesses that would benefit from cross-company collaboration and improve efficiencies to benefit our organizations as well as our combined pool of clients.
In just a short amount of time a strategic plan has been instituted to align the best of all 3 companies with a focus on the following:
High Shear mixers are used in a wide variety of applications in many different industries. Finding the right blend and being able to produce the same mix consistently is the key to success at Highwater Clays, a clay and glaze supplier to the arts & crafts industry. The company has two locations with the main production center located in Ashville, North Carolina. Highwater Clays produces a wide range of clay bodies using fireclays, ball clays, kaolin, and stoneware clays. All the clay bodies consist of complex compositions and must be mixed into one reliable consistency.