Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer: A new dimension to your mixing and pelletizing process.
The Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer is our flagship product used for testing, experimentation, and development of new processes and products. An economical and rugged machine, the K1-Lab Mixer can also be used for small production work. The K1-Lab Mixers have repeatedly proven to be a minimal investment with maximum dividends in product development.
Mechanical Design Features
- Removable stainless steel mixing pan with 0.5 cu.ft. capacity for easy clean up
- Large viewing port on the pan cover for adding process materials, observing the mix, and taking samples during the mixing process.
- Touch screen control on independent control stand
- Thermocouple mix temperature reading
- Dual hand safety buttons for operating mixing head
OPTIONAL FEATURES: pan heating and cooling, various rotor styles
EASY TRANSITION FROM PROOF-OF-CONCEPT TO FULL PRODUCTION
HOW IT WORKS
The K1-Lab Mixer is designed with a touch screen control for easy programming and data viewing. A thermal probe gives a report of temperature in real-time. There is a resettable elapsed mixing timer that provides for total mix process cycle times. A pre-programmable mix design can be input into the control. The control can also store and repeat mix cycles as well as communicate with other devices.
- Electronic individually controlled speeds of pan and rotor, switchable from ft/sec to m/sec.
- Timer that starts/stops with the machine.
- Pre-programmable mix design times
- Input or adjust pan and rotor speeds before or during operation
- Data record of operating functions can be exported to a USB or other device
- Pan heating and cooling available.
|Pan Volume||0.7 cu.ft||20 Liters|
|Working volume||0.5 cu.ft||15 Liters|
|Pan motor||¾ Hp||0.6 Kw|
|Pan speed||Variable to 50 rpm|
|Rotor motor||3 Hp 2.25 Kw|
|Rotor speed||Variable to 3000 rpm|
|Weight||1100 Lbs||500 Kg|
|Overall Dimensions||Length 40”||100 cm|
LAB SERVICES & MORE
High Shear mixers are used in a wide variety of applications in many different industries. Finding the right blend and being able to produce the same mix consistently is the key to success at Highwater Clays, a clay and glaze supplier to the arts & crafts industry. The company has two locations with the main production center located in Ashville, North Carolina. Highwater Clays produces a wide range of clay bodies using fireclays, ball clays, kaolin, and stoneware clays. All the clay bodies consist of complex compositions and must be mixed into one reliable consistency.
We are excited to announce several recent improvements to the design of our low shear mixer product line. These mixers are often pushed beyond the limits of other mixers due to their widespread use in mixing dusty, abrasive, corrosive, highly viscous or explosive materials. The enhancements listed below were designed to improve the performance of our low shear mixers and to minimize maintenance and repair costs, which lowers the overall lifetime cost of ownership for our clients.
- Split drivetrain: pan and tooling on separate drives
The counter-rotating pan and tooling are now operating on separate drives allowing for individual control of tool and pan speeds. This simple split drive design provides increased flexibility to customize mixing recipes for different materials as compared to a single vertical shaft. Maintenance and trouble- shooting of issues relating to the pan or tooling also become easier.