Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer: A new dimension to your mixing and pelletizing process.
The Lancaster Products K1-Lab Mixer is our flagship product used for testing, experimentation, and development of new processes and products. An economical and rugged machine, the K1-Lab Mixer can also be used for small production work. The K1-Lab Mixers have repeatedly proven to be a minimal investment with maximum dividends in product development.
Mechanical Design Features
- Removable stainless steel mixing pan with 0.5 cu.ft. capacity for easy clean up
- Large viewing port on the pan cover for adding process materials, observing the mix, and taking samples during the mixing process.
- Touch screen control on independent control stand
- Thermocouple mix temperature reading
- Dual hand safety buttons for operating mixing head
OPTIONAL FEATURES: pan heating and cooling, various rotor styles
EASY TRANSITION FROM PROOF-OF-CONCEPT TO FULL PRODUCTION
HOW IT WORKS
The K1-Lab Mixer is designed with a touch screen control for easy programming and data viewing. A thermal probe gives a report of temperature in real-time. There is a resettable elapsed mixing timer that provides for total mix process cycle times. A pre-programmable mix design can be input into the control. The control can also store and repeat mix cycles as well as communicate with other devices.
- Electronic individually controlled speeds of pan and rotor, switchable from ft/sec to m/sec.
- Timer that starts/stops with the machine.
- Pre-programmable mix design times
- Input or adjust pan and rotor speeds before or during operation
- Data record of operating functions can be exported to a USB or other device
- Pan heating and cooling available.
|Pan Volume||0.7 cu.ft||20 Liters|
|Working volume||0.5 cu.ft||15 Liters|
|Pan motor||¾ Hp||0.6 Kw|
|Pan speed||Variable to 50 rpm|
|Rotor motor||3 Hp 2.25 Kw|
|Rotor speed||Variable to 3000 rpm|
|Weight||1100 Lbs||500 Kg|
|Overall Dimensions||Length 40”||100 cm|
LAB SERVICES & MORE
The high-speed rotor is the primary mixing and pelletizing tool in industrial high shear mixers and in many ways, it is the most utilized part of the machine. But rotor wear is also a good leading indicator of your machine’s overall operating condition as it is a direct result of material processing. Chances are, if the rotor is worn, there is other preventative maintenance to be done.
Industrial mixers are built to run and withstand a great deal of abuse, however, regular preventive maintenance efforts can help keep your mixer running like new. The two most critical components that can affect the life of your mixer are lubrication and inspection of working tools. Below is an overview of the in-depth information provided in our full maintenance schedule available for download below.
Lubrication: Proper lubrication can encompass multiple areas on your mixer, not just the shaft seals of the mixing tool. Lubrication of all seals as well as drive gears, discharge valves and other locations where bearings are utilized is the best way to extend the life of your mixer. Automated lubrication systems on larger production mixers help maintain proper lubrication intervals, but regular visual inspection should be scheduled to assure the system is working properly.