Lancaster Products has deep experience blending, mixing and pelletizing materials in the ceramics industry. Our High Shear Counter-Current Mixers excel in homogenizing powdered materials of different densities. Lancaster Products Mixers provide high-intensity mixer preparation of glazes for ceramics.
Our mixing action produces reduced process times and improved productivity, and produces a more homogeneous solution for glazes and other applications.
- Granulation of the raw material for improved quality and strength for pressed tile.
- Preparation of the slip for use in the casting process for sanitary ceramics and technical ceramics.
- Preparation of plastic bodies for extrusion and formable bodies.
- The ability to prepare the dry raw materials and the plastic body in a single mixer.
- Excellent distribution of additives even in very small quantities.
- Simple corrections in moisture when required.
- Reduced processing time allows higher throughput from a smaller machine.
Related Articles of Interest:
- Case Study – High Shear Mixing of Clay Compositions
- Using High Shear Mixers to Manufacture Ceramic Proppants for Hydraulic Fracturing
- Manufacturing Cold Set Ceramics from Fly Ash
- Blending of Dissimilar Powders to Achieve Homogenous Mixtures Using High Shear Mixers
- Improve Throughput Rates and Product Accuracy with Continuous Batch Processing
Lancaster Mixers provide high intensity slip preparation for castable shapes. Our mixers result in reduced processing times versus the standard preparation in a blunger. Reduced aging times for the slip occur because of the high shear and desalination of the clay particles during processing. This results in the ability to cast the slip immediately after preparation without the typical 8-12 day aging period.
Lancaster Mixers are used extensively in ceramic proppant preparations that include the mixing of raw materials and the graduation of the materials for green pellet production. This process can be completed with clay-based proppants, fly ash based proppants and many other materials that can be fired into a final proppant product.
Lancaster Products will be exhibiting at the Ceramics Expo Conference & Exhibition from August 30 – September 1, 2021 at the Huntington Convention Center, in Cleveland, Ohio and we’d love to see you there!
Be our guest….Lancaster Products will be exhibiting at the Powder & Bulk Solids Conference & Exhibition, from August 24-26, 2021 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Chicago, IL and we’d love to meet you there!