Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster Products high intensity K-series mixers use a counter current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine.
The Lancaster Mixer produces high yield, high quality pellets from the most sensitive of materials with little binder. An extension of the granulation capabilities, our K Series mixers can grow granules and prills into larger sized pellets.
ONE MACHINE ONE PROCESS
Lancaster Products is at the forefront of providing high-value pelletizing solutions for our customers. Lancaster Products combines decades of mixing experience, working across multiple industries, with the finest granulating and pelletizing mixer technology.
Using our proprietary mixing knowledge and technology, Lancaster K-series Mixers use a counter-current rotating pan and high energy rotor to mix and pelletize in a single machine. The K-series mixers produce consistent and repeatable pellet sizes. Because Lancaster Products mixers can both mix and pelletize in the same operation it can supplant multiple pieces of mixing and pelletizing equipment in a process.
- Ceramics: Molding compounds, molecular strainers, proppants, dental compounds, cutting ceramics, grinding agents, oxide ceramics, grinding balls, ferrites
- Building materials: Porosity agents for bricks, expanded clay, pearlite
- Glass: Glass powder, carbon, lead glass mixtures
- Metallurgy: Zinc and lead ore, aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, iron ore
- Agricultural chemistry: Lime hydrate, dolomite, phosphate fertilizer, peat fertilizer, mineral compounds, sugar beet seeds
- Environmental protection
- Filter dusts
- Fly ash
- Lead oxide
The Lancaster Difference: Counter-Current Mixing Technology
Our proprietary counter current mixing action allows the Lancaster Mixer to drastically reduce throughput times and increase pelletization yields when compared to traditional mixing and pelleting equipment. These improvements increase return on investment for our customers
ADVANTAGES OF PELLETIZED MATERIALS OVER LOOSE BULK MATERIAL
- Ease of transfer and shipping bulk materials handling specifically for superfine materials to prevent from going airborne for materials such as fertilizer, carbon black and fly ash
- Increases flowability of product for ease of feeding, pouring and processing
- Improves surface area of pellets for sintering, drying, melting, combustion
- Pelletized materials compact better than powders and allow for better handling and allow for recycling of waste materials
- Disposal of steel mill dust and particles, cement and lime kiln dust and friction material waste.
- Reclamation of waste from steel mill revert fines, coal and coke fines, copper precipitates, kiln dust and other materials collected during the process.
- Creation of Biomass pellets as a fuel source
Call 1-800-447-7351 or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to a Lancaster Products Representative about your pelletizing needs.
January 4, 2019
For Immediate Release
LEBANON, Pennsylvania – The new and completely redesigned website offers visitors richer insight into the Company’s high efficiency mixing, pelletizing and crushing solutions for a wide variety of industries and materials.read more
Our last post focused on our experience in concept testing and how it applies to our high shear mixer sample testing process. This post will dig in a little deeper and provide insight into the breadth of data we provide to our customers when they commission Lancaster Products to provide sample testing for them.
Over the past 30 years, we have collaborated with our customers to perform proof of concept testing in our K1 laboratory mixers for thousands of materials samples. The desired outcome of the testing is customer dependent but typical requirements are along the lines of pelletizing/granulating to specific size ranges and desired yields, mixing to achieve homogenization, or reduced reaction times of existing processes. Outcomes provided are 1) proof of concept in achieving the desired product, and/or 2) optimization of the current mix processes. Our engineers perform the tests in our controlled laboratory, log all key information in our database, and share all data with our customers for future reference. Below is a list that summarizes some of the information we collect during every test run we perform:read more